Like a bun but luxurious as a dessert. A soft, buttery dough is filled with a hazelnut frangipane, topped with a large piece of almost creamy pear and drizzled with lemon juice just before serving.
Hazelnut Frangipane Sweet Buns with Pears
2 cups (260 g) all-purpose flour + more for dusting
3 tablespoons (30 g) sugar
1 teaspoon (5 g) dry yeasts
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon (70 ml) milk
2 large eggs
120 g (1 stick) butter
100 g ground hazelnuts
⅓ cup (80 g) sugar
80 g butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon flour
1 small egg
¼ teaspoon salt
6 small pears, halved
1 egg + 1 teaspoon milk, for egg wash
lemon, for serving
1. Combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the eggs, milk and melted butter. Knead on medium-high speed until the dough is soft and silky, about 5 minutes.
2. Grease a large bowl, transfer the dough to the bowl. Cover with a plastic wrap and let rest for 1 ½ hour, until double.
3. Line two baking sheets with baking paper. Make the frangipane: Beat the butter with sugar until blended. Add the hazelnuts, flour, egg, and salt; combine until smooth.
4. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape them into balls. Transfer to the baking sheets. Make a deep hole in each, fill with 2 teaspoons hazelnut frangipane and top with half of the pear. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for 30 minutes at room temperature until puffed.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Brush the edges of the puffed buns with the egg and milk wash. Sprinkle the pears with a bit of brown sugar. Bake 20 minutes until the buns turn golden and the pears are soft. Drizzle with lemon juice before serving.
The best frangipane is prepared with roasted, peeled and homemade ground hazelnuts
Share a picture of your dish with me on Instagram tagging #rozkoszny @rozkoszny. Smacznego!